In the relentless pursuit of assisting you in avoiding “retirement boredom,” please consider responding to the following questions and statements. You may visit our website and share your thoughts in the comments section.
- Why isn’t the SDA Church growing among White people in European countries and the United States?
- Has the SDA Church become too Black or Brown to attract White people in America, Europe and Canada?
- Among Black people in the USA has the E.E. Cleveland method of evangelism lost its appeal and become ineffective?
- Are we fishing with old bait?
- Is the Black Community still one community?
- Who is trying to win the Middle Class?
- Does gift giving in our evangelistic meetings appeal only to the lower economic strata of our society?
- Have we over-professionalized our soul-winning ministry and inadvertently side-lined the laity
- How important to the success of public evangelism is the size of the budget provided to the pastors by the Conference?
- Is effective soul-winning inextricably tied to money?
- How important to effective soul-winning is the actual active Involvement of our regular members in the outreach and nurturing ministries of our Church?
- Rather than for simple worship and praise to God, have our worship services become centers for entertainment and venues for the potential discovery of talent for the professional gospel music circuit?
Joseph W. McCoy, Executive Director – RCRP